Monday, January 23, 2006

I was spinning and spinning... and ...

Spinning... and spinning... and spinning.

Somewhat, seemingly out of control.

The spinning had begun in a flash...

and where was I going?

Spinning and spinning and spinning.

How did I get here? My thoughts retraced the day...

contemplating the steps I had taken,

which helped me to arrive at this place.

The spinning continued...

spinning and spinning and spinning.

It would not stop.

There were no regrets,

but there were steps that brought me to this place.

Now, spinning and spinning and spinning.

There were sounds of spinning all around me.

The whirling of sounds of spinning...

Spinning and spinning and spinning.

The spinning wasn't slowing,

yet the fear in me was growing.

My heart beat was racing,

the sweat was pouring.

I gasped for breath now

and the spinning continued.

Spinning and spinning and spinning.

The minutes seemed like hours

and the spinning got faster still.

I wanted to cry out,

but who would hear me over all of the noise.

Spinning and spinning and spinning.

I didn't know if I could take much more

My body was so hot

my heart beat so fast

would this be the end of me

or would it not?

Spinning and spinning and spinning.

And just when my body had reached it's threshold

I heard a voice

It wasn't the voice inside my head

It was the spin coach

and I realized I was not dead.

Happy Training.

~ef

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home