Thursday, January 19, 2006

Shoe appreciation day...

I'd like to declare today, "Shoe Appreciation Day."

This morning, as I'm dressing and deciding what outfit to wear. I thought to myself, "I want to wear my comfortable shoes today." So, today, instead of choosing my outfit and then my shoes, I chose my shoes, then built my outfit from the ground up.

What shoes, you ask? They are a pair of black slip-on leather shoes. I've had them for a few years now and if I remember correctly, they have always been comfortable... yet they are stylish and formal enough for business wear.

I've worn them to a lot of my favorite places and cities. They were with me as I've walked the avenues of San Fransico, in the rain in New York, and on the coldest nights in Chicago seeking out food and entertainment... and don't forget, frequenting my favorite jazz club in Denver, "Sambuca". A multitude of great memories have been had in these shoes... and always done in comfort.

Have you hugged your shoes today? It's "Shoe Appreciation Day." Please remember your shoes today and remember all of the great places that they have taken you.

~ef

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

LOL :) Ok, I must confess, I hug my running shoes and thank them after every run...

I'm glad you have such a good, loyal pair of shoes. :)

Thursday, January 19, 2006  
Blogger ida said...

Funny. I've been fascinated with high heels since the age of three, when I referred to them as "hee-highels". I need new running shoes soon... so exciting!

Friday, January 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home