Friday, December 16, 2005

duck... duck... goose?

I've been tagged by Pnut! Directions are to divulge 5 random things about my person (meaning me)(I like to simplify things for some of my readers... well... okay... both of them)... or was it 5 things randomly? I think, both!

The problem here is that everything about my life is random, so I'll try to narrow it down to five... while still being random. ;-)

[now that I've looked up the word ''divulge" in the dictionary, we can get started.]

Let's see... What can I propagate that my blog doesn't already say about me?


1. I'm a geek/nerd disguised as a jock. How do I know? I did the 'jock' things in high school. Hung out with the 'jock' crowd and for all intensive purposes, was considered a 'jock'. Yet, I was also in the h.s. band... yes, I was a band geek, too. To keep a long story, short. I'd like to qualify this by pointing out that my very best friend (aside from my little brother) is Jeremy. He was the ultimate geek in h.s. And for the most part, I'd consider most of my other friends nerds as well. My life is cool.


2. When in college, I sang in the University choir (staying with the geek theme). My last year with the choir we toured Spain and sang in most of the Historical cathederals. The accoustics were amazing and coupled with the songs that we were perfoming, where at times overwhelming. It was one of the most memorable times in my life. (ps... we partied like 'Rock Stars'!!! Are you kidding me?... they served wine at just about every meal.... sahweet!)


3. Despite my macho outer shell, I'm very much a metrosexual. As well as, tender. Books, movies and commercials, to name a few, can get the water works a runnin'.


4. If you haven't been able to tell, humor and comedy run my thoughts. Even in a heated discussion my mind can wander to the 'double entendre'. I have to hold back the comments and contain the laughter inside me. It's the hardest thing I do, sometimes. However, I do still have the capability of being serious. Please see number three.


5. Ummmmm.... uhhhhhhh... sheesh, number five is a hard one. I can't think of anything. My brain just stopped working, so I'm going to ramble until something comes up. This is a practice of 'random' thoughts after all. Random things about me... la, la, la. Deei, dee, dee. La, dee, da... crap! Stay tuned...


5. (revisited) I guess my life isn't so random after all. I have four random things about me... the rest is orderly and systematic....


5. (continued) The problem is, while I'm being random, I'd still like to be interesting...


5. (final draft) Okay. Here's what I've come up with for number five: I have read more books (mostly non-fiction. Oddly enough, none have ever been humorous.) in the past three years than I did in my entire life previous. I've actually taken a liking to books that make me think... reflect... meditate... grow. Some day I'd like to list the one's I've read since the year 2002.



I tag Kele, Spence and Lisa.


(is this like a chain letter? hehe)

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I think #3 is sweet. :)

Friday, December 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK THAT ANONYMITY ALLOWS ONE TO PROPAGATE THINE INNER BEING WITHOUT DIFFIDENCE. I DEDUCE THAT DOUBLE ENTENDRE EXUDES RANDOMNESS. GOD BLESS THE CONVIVIAL PEOPLE OF THE WORLD.

Friday, December 16, 2005  
Blogger ida said...

Very funny.

European cathedrals are astounding. The first time I visited Notre Dame was magical. I also have a fond memory of a small stone church in rural Russia where a lone monk was singing. It was out of a storybook.

Ever read Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth"?

Saturday, December 17, 2005  
Blogger E-Dub said...

I've not read that book, Pnut. It sounds like you'd recommend it, so I'll check it out.

If you like good suspense books about history, give this one a read:

"In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex" by Nathaniel Philbrick

It's one of those, can't-put-it-down books.

Saturday, December 17, 2005  
Blogger ida said...

Great suggestion. I read "In the Heart of the Sea" several years ago but had forgotten all about it. I may revisit it this holiday. I'm a big fan of "Moby Dick" and am overdue to reread it as well.

As for Follet, I've not read him since freshman year in high school, but I remember enjoying it at the time. It's about building a great cathedral hence the suggestion. Warning: it meanders into the land of fiction pretty deeply if I recall correctly.

Saturday, December 17, 2005  
Blogger E-Dub said...

Thanks, Pnut. Really, I don't mind meandering into the world of fiction (my mind is there most of the time anyway). I've read James Patterson, of late:

"The Lake House"
"When the Wind Blows"
"The Beach house" (the first book of his that I read)
"Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas"

(I absolutely loved the story of the genetically enhanced children! I was totally consumed when I read those books)

I also have to admit that I've read some Nicholas Sparks... and I loved them too!

"Message in a Bottle"
"The Notebook" (far before the movie came out)
"The Wedding"

(I should have bought stock in "Kleenex" when I was reading these books)

This is giving me motivation to sit down with a good book again. Currently I'm reading two books:

Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest In, That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
by Robert T. Kiyosaki, Sharon L. Lechter

and

The Secret of the Shadow: The Power of Owning Your Whole Story
by Debbie Ford

Sunday, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Eric, let me know what you think of the book by Debbie Ford. Have you read any of her other stuff? I think we're both in the same place right now, spiritually. There's this website that I get daily messages from which always seem to say just the right thing. Like this...

Ironically, Lisa, had it not been for every disappointment, setback and detour in the road of your life, you wouldn't have come so far.

Nice strategy.

Love, love,
The Universe

Of course, Lisa, had you not been everywhere you've been, you couldn't now go, everywhere you will go. (And trust me, you're gonna love what's next; I've seen the brochures.)

I'd be happy to share it with you, if you like.

Monday, December 19, 2005  
Blogger E-Dub said...

Hi Lisa. Please do share.

I'll let you know about the book. I like it so far. It's slow going, because I'm reading another book too... and with the holidays... ugh! Then, today, I went to the library and picked up another book!!! :-/

The things Debbie is writing about are things that I've been in touch with for a few years now, but it's always good to get a refresher... especially with the new year coming up.

PM me at Trifuel and I will give you my email.

Monday, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home