Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Feeling better, but this cough keeps hanging on. Last night was the best sleep I've had in a while. I treated my throat with steam before I went to bed and it afforded me with an entire night sans coughing. I'd used this method a couple of other times when my coughing had awoken me from my slumber. When I used steam, I noticed that I didn't cough again for the remainder of my sleep. So, last night, in my spasmodic wisdom, I sat and steamed my throat in the bathroom, whilst enjoying a maximum strength Menthol cough drop. Then, I treated myself to a dosage of a 12-hour cough suppressant, as well as a nights dosage of Nyquil. At one point during my sleep, I remember my stomach mentioning that the heavy Rx may not have been such a good idea. And, at 11 am this morning, I'm still feeling the affects of the Nyquil, because I sure could use a nap!

That said, I'm still cautious in partaking in any sort of exercise that may tax my respiratory system, for fear of creating a much worse bronchial situation.

I once had a bronchidis that stayed with me for three months during the winter. It sucked! I should have bought stock in cough medication that year. That's when I was a ski instructor and was on the mountain every weekend, so that didn't help. I do sense that the end is in sight.

Good news. I just contacted a gentleman that is initiating a Triathlon Club in the adjacent county. The first meeting is in a couple of weeks, so we'll see if this will be something that I'll be able to get involved with.

Have a great day!

~ef

1 Comments:

Blogger ida said...

Be careful with that. I had pneumonia in both my lungs last year (actually got sick a year ago this week), and I'm still fighting to regain my full lung capacity. The steam is smart. A humidifier would be a good investment too.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home