Friday, February 03, 2006

guh!

It was Saturday evening and I feel this itch in my throat. I think nothing of it. I had been out all afternoon washing and polishing my cars. It was a little cool out, but nothing that a sweatshirt couldn't take care of.

Sunday morning, it's there again. No big deal. I go to church and sing all morning (I sing with the worship team... both services). After church, my throat was feeling raw, but I sign it off to irritation from singing.

Sunday night... in the middle of the night... I wake up coughing and by now I'm feeling like crap, with a very sore throat. Sleep was not my friend and going to work was not going to happen.

Monday I laid around and let my body rest. Monday night was a repeat of Sunday night. Again, no sleep.

Tuesday comes and nothing has changed. I stay home, but schedule a doctors appointment to make sure I don't have strep. The good news is that I don't have strep. The bad news is that I have to just ride this thing out.

I made it to work (guilt ridden from already missing two days for a measly cold) Wed., Thurs., and today, but have felt like crap all along. My nights have been filled with tossing and turning, and coughing and hacking. No amount of cough medicine seems to help at all. I woke up last night and turned on the steaming hot water for a while in the bathroom. That worked the best thus far, and provided me with 5 straight hours of sleep. Yay!!

All that being said, I'm quite irked because this has kept me from getting in any sort or workout this week.

I hope everyone else is having a great week!

~ef

1 Comments:

Blogger ida said...

Sorry to hear that you've been sick. I hope you bounce back to full health quickly.

Sunday, February 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home