Thursday, September 07, 2006

Dusty room....

... and rusty joints.

Well, it happened again. I ran. Again.

I've finally found some motivation to get my arse up at 5 a.m. and run. My motivation? I recently had a birthday and I now sense "mid-life" approaching. I've reached my threashold with the aching and the...eh-hem... jiggling. Yes, jiggling. I'm getting soft in the middle and it jiggles. Okay, I can't talk any more about that... I feel my eyes watering.

I've been working out for a total of three days now and I've already noticed one big difference; I have been waking up with this back pain in the mornings and [no, it's not my bed... my bed is quite new] I knew it was from a lack of core strength [weak abs]. I was working out today and I remembered that I didn't have the back pain when I woke up this morning. Wow. A little work can go a long way. Waking up with back pain sucks!

I also noticed that I seem to have more energy; during the day and in the evening. Moreso in the evenings, because lately I've been drained. Last night I was full of energy and was in a fantastic mood!... but when it came time for bed, I crashed as soon as my head hit the pillow. Zzzzzzzzzz.....

I'm feeling the soreness now. I was feeling it yesterday, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from running this morning. The worse thing is that I'm feeling like the tendons in my feet hurt [the arch of my foot], which is strange, but I've been stretching it out all day. It's feeling much better now than it did earlier.

I also have a bike ride planned with an aquaintance. I recently over heard him talking about mountain biking, so I approached him and we are planning an outing for early this Saturday morning... REALLY EARLY! I need to be back to the house by 8:30 a.m. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. I'm wondering if I should take the day off tomorrow from working out at all...???'

Oh... I almost forgot. I need to document this. Yesterday and today I weighed in at 196.4 lbs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

36! Happy Birthday, you youngun. :)

Missed ya. Have fun on your bike ride.

Thursday, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home