Thursday, April 19, 2007

The warm weather is coming and with it some motivation to get out and swim/bike/run. I've had a hard time adapting to the East coast weather in comparison to the West. Outdoor living is much harder to come by during the winter months. Yes... I could just get bundled up and bare the weather, but, at this point I don't have the means to do so.

Lately, I've just had a hard time making the time for even going to the gym. I'm at a point where I'm wondering whether I should even continue to pay for my membership. I have so much going on, with working on the remodeling jobs around the house, family dinners now and then, helping out the in-laws, watching the kid while my wife is away on business... I sometimes get know what it's like to be a single parent. Add all of this to the daily chores around the house and out goes any hopes of getting in a workout.

I don't know how some people do it. Do they have supportive spouses? Are they just that organized and constructive with their time? Is their life that much more simple?

I'm at a point of frustration, because this is something I long for, yet I can't make it happen for me.

I figure it might help if I were a part of a group or had a friend that shared my goals. I'm working on that. I may have found a buddy that is willing to get out and do things on occasion... time will tell.

Motivation is my biggest problem. I'm going on a cruise this next week, for seven days. Even that was not enough to motivate me to workout over the past several months. If that didn't, I'm not sure I know what will. I've scoped out the summer schedule for local Tri's and Du's. There are a few possibilities for me to race. I need to gauge my commitment for making those races.

One thing that does get me motivated is to share a common goal with friends.... but I question this motivation, if I can't just do it for myself....

Too many questions, not enough answers....

....searching.

~ef

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home