Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I pounded out a 5k run on the treadmill yesterday. Something wierd happened and I don't know if I can explain it. You see... I went fast.

Now... don't get ahead of me. It certainly wasn't fast for a 5k, but it was fast for me. While it wasn't necessarily a personal best, it actually felt... well, not good, but not terrible and not so hard. In recent weeks of running, just getting 2 miles in was a chore. 3 miles was torture... but not yesterday. It was still painful, mind you, but something happened inside my head. Motivation? Perhaps... and most likely, really. It looks like I will be in my first race this weekend. An Off-Road Duathlon: 1.5 mile run, 8 mile bike, 1.5 mile run.
Lancaster County Off-Road Duathlon

I take that back... It doesn't "look" like I'll be in the race. I, in fact, will be in the race. I'm officially registered!

Wow. Now I'm nervous...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Woo Hoo! Don't be nervous. You'll do great. :)

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home