Thursday, October 12, 2006

I struck up a conversation with a coworker yesterday. I was just leaving the gym locker room after my workout, when he came in after his run. I was asking him about what routes he takes around the area, telling him of my need-to-know-how-far-I-went compulsiveness. He mentioned trying out this site... USA TRACK & FIELD
Are you kidding me? This is way cheaper than buying a Garmin! I realize that this mapping tool may not be completely accurate... and don't get me wrong... I STILL want a Garmin... but it totally solves some of my issues! Yay!

Yesterdays workout included some ab work and a quick 30 minute workout on the stationary bike. It was the first time that I used this particular machine, but I figured since I'm racing this weekend, I need to at least get my legs ready to churn some pedals. I wasn't too pleased with the stationary bike, but it gave me the workout I needed. I had the 'resistance' [if you can really call it that] as high as it would go, plus I had the workout set to 'hill intervals.' Then I was peddling about as fast as I could, so that I could feel like I was getting a good workout. After the bike, I jumped off and onto the treadmill, for Brick sakes! I've never actually done a Brick, so I figured I'd better do something, since I have one coming up in the race. Wow. My legs felt so heavy. I only had time to run a half mile [@ 9:30 pace], but it gave me a good idea of what it's going to be like to run after the bike on Saturday. I'm scared, to say the least....

The weather is calling for Sunny and a high of 57degrees Fahrenheit, but I'm still concerned about having cold ears and digits... what to wear?... what to wear? Long sleeves? Short sleeves? Long pants? Shorts? I guess I'll just pack for the worst and strip layers as I need to.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Layering works best for me too. Here's an article at Runner's World that you might like...

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-320--6051-0,00.html

P.S. You're gonna do great. Good Luck!

Thursday, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Sascha said...

What, 57 degrees? Pah! You can run in short sleeves and shorts. Take arm warmers and gloves for your warmup. Believe me, you will be cursing yourself on that first run if you're wearing anything more.

Thursday, October 12, 2006  
Blogger E-Dub said...

Thanks for the help, friends.

It's a good thing I have a suburban, cuz I'm gonna pack way more than I'll need. I'm a pack-for-anything-that-could-possibly-happen kind of traveler. And yes... I'm very much a Metrosexual!

;-)

Friday, October 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and if you liked that USA Track and Field site, try out this one for distances (way cooler IMO and useful for times w/o a Garmin as well): http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

Tuesday, October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home