Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I've returned home

After three years on the East coast, I'm happy to announce that I am back home in Colorado. It's kind of a long story about why we went to PA, but there were just a few things missing in our life. I won't discount the experiences we had while in PA, because we had some amazing times and met some good people, but this is where my heart is. This is where I want to spend the rest of my days.

For whatever reason, my blogging and my training suffered during that time (in case you were wonder why it's been over a year since I've blogged anything). I suppose there were many reasons, but, really, they are just excuses. I wasn't committed to my blogging or my training.

Am I committed now? Well... as we discussed what we wanted to create for our lives, this was one of them. We wanted to be sure to get back into a healthy lifestyle, which includes joining a local gym again, eating right (mostly raw foods), and getting involved in local events.

Life is a little convoluted since moving back and we haven't quite settled in, but I am pleased to report that we have just signed up for my first event...www.oysterracingseries.com - Aug. 16th in Denver, which happens to be my birthday.

When I was propositioned to do this race, I had to make a decision. Was I going to party, or was I going to race? You see, my birthday tends to last about a week, in the days leading up to and after my birthday. Yeah, I stretch it a little, but sometimes you have to. It's not easy to get all of your friends and family together at the same time, so you spread it out. It's a win-win for everyone!... but, I digress......

Back to training.

The day after I commit to doing this race, I'm playing basketball with the kids and I jam my toe. The big toe, on my left foot. Yeah.... the big toe is pretty important when it comes to running. So, as you can guess, I am not able to start my running just yet. The good news is, I did not injure any of the joints in my toe. The bad news is, I may have cracked or broken a bone in the tip of my toe. Have I gone to the Doctor to have it x-rayed? Naw. I'm going to ride it out and see if it heals. There is some bruising that finally surfaced, after three days (I'm not sure what that means). I'm able to walk on it (mostly), but there is still something very obviously not right about it. Time will tell. I will keep you posted.

Finally, I'm faced with a couple of challenges, with training. My bike (and most of everything I own) is still in PA. I haven't yet joined a gym and I can't do any running, because of my toe. Again, only time will reveal what will happen. I have ten weeks to get into shape for this event.

I will find a way......

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Good luck with that toe... they can be bothersome can't they!?

Tuesday, June 03, 2008  
Blogger Amber D. (Evans) Marcu, Ph.D. said...

What incredible timing. Vollenda and I are also back from the dead of training. We've both been out of tri training for 2 years. I've already signed up for an event in Sept. and we have enlisted each other's help and support in getting going again! Want to join us? :) We've also made a pact to do two events together next spring/summer to get us motivated. I'm so glad to hear that you are back! Keep that toe healthy, though!

Sunday, June 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home