Monday, September 25, 2006

If it weren’t for the pain, the shortness of breath and all the body heat, I’d probably be able to run for quite some time… and distance, for that matter.

I got in Three miles this morning, at work, on the “dreadmill.” It was a beautiful day to run outside, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I have this need-to-know-how-far-I-ran, thing. And that goes for swimming and biking as well. I haven’t marked out any routes around this area, so I wouldn’t have been able to “know” my distance for the day. Oh well.

I was happy to have made 3 miles today. I want to attribute much of my success to my new found rock band, “Anberlin.” I [almost by accident] went to their show in Lancaster PA this weekend and fell in love! There’s a long story behind how I ended up going, as well as a long story about how I feel since I went. I don’t have time to talk about all of that right now, but I can say, in short, “It was Amazing!!!”

Anyway, more on that later... Their music is high energy, so it helped when I was on the treadmill. Listening took me back to the concert and the energy I was feeling there. I was able to run at a much higher pace than normal [and it took my mind off the pain I was feeling in my lower extremities]. Good times!!!

Stay tuned for….

…The rest of the Story!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Ooh, new music. It's funny how it can get you motivated like that, huh? As far as distance...I am the same as you and that's why I got a garmin. Funny that I haven't been using it lately.

Monday, September 25, 2006  
Blogger E-Dub said...

Yeah... I was actually thinking that if I had a Garmin, then I would have run outside. I guess I haven't been a good boy, because Santa hasn't brought one to me yet. :-(

~ef

Tuesday, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Or maybe not bad enough!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006  
Blogger E-Dub said...

I like the way you think. ;-)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home