Thursday, June 12, 2008

Karma

So, I started this thing....

I have been at my new job for a few weeks now and I noticed, a couple of weeks ago, when I got to work in the mornings, the elevators were both resting on the TOP floor. I would get grumpy and say to myself, "Why are both elevators on the top floor???" I then thought that there should be some sort of thing that defaults the elevator (at least one) to return to the ground floor, especially in the mornings when people are coming in to work! I knew that this would take quite a lot of work on my part to get the elevator companies to develop something like this, so, in the meantime, I have started a new habit....

When I ride the elevator to the top floor, I push the button for the ground floor, so that the elevator will return for the next person/people coming in to work.

The last two days that I have come in to work, I have walked in to an elevator waiting for me on the ground floor.

Some call it good karma. I know I do.

4 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Take the stairs! :)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008  
Blogger E-Dub said...

Flatman, given my audience (or potential audience), I knew that comment would come.

Really, I only take the elevator in the mornings, when I haven't quite woken up. :-)

btw.... thanks for being my audience! ;-)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008  
Blogger Amber D. (Evans) Marcu, Ph.D. said...

Eric, I agree with Flatman -- take the stairs! I've been taking the stairs at work! It's brutal by the nth time in a day (my office is on the bottom floor and all my training classrooms are on the top floor), but I swear it's worth it (and tends to impress the co-workers)!

Sunday, June 22, 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Eric! How are you doing? I read back thru your last few posts. I hope the move back was good. Good luck with the Oyster Adventure. Um, what kind of Oysters are we talking about? I've been a total slug but will be starting up my tri blog again.

Monday, June 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home