Monday, June 09, 2008

Ugh.... Monday

Why are Monday's so exhausting?

After two snooze cycles, my feet finally hit the floor at 5:38am. The misses and I (and the pooch, Xander) headed out the door for some exercise. 2 miles to get us started training again, after a sabbatical. Okay, it wasn't so much of a sabbatical than a complete abandonment of training, but sabbatical sounds some much more eloquent.

Plus, my toe is broken. I spoke with a professional in radiology (my little brother) and, based on the description of my toe, he informed me that my toe is likely broken. I probably just chipped a tip off of the distal phalange of my big toe. There's a name for that, but I forget.

This weekend I was pissed. My blog was quickly becoming about how I'm "NOT" working out. So, today, I went out to get some exercise, despite my toe. It worked out. I was actually more comfortable jogging than I was when I had started out walking.

Getting up that early, after not doing if for so long has been tough. I have been so sleepy! I had a morning full of meetings and that certainly didn't help!

The good news is, today has given me momentum. My training has officially begun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home